Setup Google Indexing API in Wordpress with Rank Math
Published 28 June 2020 12:39 (2-minute read)
Some projects are made with Wordpress and contain information about Job Posting. To get these pages sooner in the Google index I use Rank Math with the "Wordpress Instant Indexing Plugin". Want to know how you can set up this plugin? I explain more about it in this post!
Google Indexing API enables websites to ping Google crawlers about updated or deleted pages on your website. You don't have to do anything manually, like submit the URL in Google Search Console. All is done at the moment you update your post on your website or in your CMS.
Currently, the Indexing API can only be used to crawl pages with either JobPosting or BroadcastEvent embedded in a VideoObject.
- First, you have to download the plugin from rankmath.com or via the Wordpress Plugin store.
- API Credentials
- Once you downloaded the plugin, you have to create a new project in Google API Console.
- Create a new Service Account in Google API Console. This will let your website connect to your Property in Google Search Console.
- Give the recently created Service Account from Google API Console access to your Google Search Console Property.
- Configure the Wordpress Instant Indexing plugin
- Enter the key (which you just created in step 2.b) in the input field, and select the post types you want to enable to automatically update the index in Google.
- Test the plugin by giving a URL to your website in the "console" and verify the response you see in the output.
Sometimes there are some errors when you didn't setup/link your website correctly. In the future, I will update this post with the error messages I've encountered during the use of this plugin.
Note: I'll update this post with screenshots and detailed instructions in the coming weeks.